4/2/10

Some Tapas Places in Barcelona

I want to recommend some restaurants and pubs in Barcelona. I will add more later.


If you go Spain, you should eat tapas :) It is so nice tradition.


I want to tell what is tapas means. In the past, when the people went to the pubs and order wine, over the wine there was so small plates in order to cover the tap from the flies. Some time later, the owners put some small food like cheese over this small plates :) They recognized that people liked this so much. They continued to grove this tradition and it called "Tapas". Now, they makes many kind of spacial tapas in Spain.


First of all, I want to start with Palermo. It is so nice restaurant to eat traditional tapas. They have very big plates and so delicious. I went this restaurant with Aubry's friends and they are from Barcelona. It looks so simple place, but really the tastes are incredible. Moreover, it is cheap restaurant. After I ate in Palermo, my belly was bigger than before :) The address is C/ Mallorca, 280 08037 Barcelona, Spain
                                            


My favorite second place is "Taller de Tapas". You can see it many places in Barcelona streets. It is a little expensive place and their plates are smaller. It is really nice place to sit and relax. The atmosphere is so nice to spend a sweet night. You can find all addresses by internet. I went "Taller de Tapas" el Borne C/ Argenteria, 51, Barcelona .


"Boqueria"
I went with my parents to "Boqueria" parallel to La Rambla. For sure, you can go there and make some food shopping and drink fresh Juices, it is so touristic place. Inside this market, there is one open-air and small place, they are cooking so different kinds of tapas. You can find this place when you enter the first corner on the left side. I don't know the name, you will see so crowded place and people eat like crazy. You can taste here seafood and mushroom, they are so nice.




One of my favorite place is "Babel" near Jaume 1 merto station. It is one pub, they don't have so many tapas, but it is very nice place to sit outside and take one beer with tapas.

                                                                     "Babel"
P.S: Never go Las Ramblas and Paseo de Gracia, to eat tapas. So expensive and so small plates. So touristic.

You can find some tapas place near El Borne. 

2 comments: